Get Relaxed with Master Yoga Instructor Lynn McGowan
- Are you the ultimate weekend warrior?
- Do your to-do lists rival the The Odyssey?
- Are your muscles stiff or sore? Do you often find yourself groaning when you bend over to pick something up? (I won’t tell.)
- Do you clench your jaw, or grind your teeth? Or do you suffer from tension headaches more than you’d like to admit?
- Do you struggle to wind down, breathe, and simply be?
- Do you stare into a computer screen more than you gaze into your sweetheart’s eyes?
- Is your fast-paced lifestyle taking a toll on your sleep ?Your relationships? Your sense of work-life balance? Do you seek a deeper connection with yourself and others in your day-to-day life?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, you’re in the right place. It’s also time to get yourself the right yoga instructor.
How I Help You
I’m Lynn McGowan, yoga instructor and creator of Kamena Yoga. I help busy women and men to relax and lead healthier, more connected and fulfilling lives by teaching them yoga for stress relief, both in-person and online.
When you work with me--for Kamena Yoga, restorative yoga, couples yoga, yoga meditation, and neurolinguistic programming--I empower you to:
✔️ Develop inner and outer strength and resilience
✔️ Feel a progressive increase in range of motion, strength, and balance
✔️ Feel connected to a deeper part of yourself, those around you, and the whole of creation.
My three-plus decades of teaching and training in yoga have allowed me to cultivate the ability to intuitively feel, see, and hear the muscle tension that underlies stress--in all body types.
I’ve taught doctors and lawyers, billionaires and stay-at-home moms, architects and TV personalities, golfers, PGA champions, celebrities, seniors, and people suffering from MS, Parkinson’s, ALS, cancer, arthritis, and autoimmune disorders. And now, I look forward to teaching you!
The Kamena Yoga Revolution
I’m not just a yoga instructor. I’m a life-long student of yoga. Over my 1400 hours earning certifications in various forms of yoga, undeniable qualities of tribalism, competition, and ownership became apparent to me. These qualities never sat well with me because they seemed disconnected from yoga’s true essence.
Over my 30 years of studying, practicing, and teaching yoga, I can tell you, yoga isn’t solely about twisting yourself into bendy poses or building physical strength. Yoga is bigger than that.
At its core, yoga has always been an evolutionary and functional system of self-care.
So I decided to start my own style of yoga which lined up with my own principals and values. Kamena best described my approach. In Sanskrit, the word kamena (kāmena) has several meanings:
- “unrestrained” or “freely”
- “out of affection” or “love for.”
To me, yoga is about leveraging the doorway of your body to cultivate the qualities of kamena--intentionality, knowing, freedom, and deep love--within yourself so you feel more resilient on every level of your being, no matter what curveballs life throws your way.
Kamena Yoga unifies my studies in asana, breathwork, mindfulness meditation, and neurolinguistic programming. It empowers you to:
- Feel stronger, more flexible, and more relaxed in your body.
- Meet life’s challenges with greater ease.
- Feel more connected to yourself, your body, others, and the world around you.
- Make better decisions and more wisely invest your time and attention.
Because your life is about more than just surviving your to-dos and meetings and emails. You’re meant to thrive.
I created Kamena Yoga because I witnessed the transformative effect this approach was having on myself and my clients.
In 2012, to further spread the many benefits of this style, I developed the Yoga Alliance-recognized Kamena Yoga School. To date, more than 250 Registered Yoga Teachers have been trained in Kamena Yoga.
I can’t wait to share Kamena Yoga with you.
Explore your infinite potential--through your body and breath. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more!
Yoga Instructor: Online and At Home
So you’ve overcome the hurdle of finding the perfect yoga instructor. Now you’ve got to actually show up to class!
I understand consistency is key to success in your yoga practice. I also understand convenience supports consistency. This is why I offer yoga instruction online and at home.
When we work together, I help you to discover your unique physiology and unique beliefs about your boundaries. Together, we move beliefs and boundaries in positive directions that grow your edges and support your health--physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual.
Past + Present Clients
- Sandy Lane Spa Barbados 
- John Magnier, Irish business magnate 
- Dermot Desmond, Irish businessman and financier 
- PGA golfers Ian Woosnam and Phil Mickelson
- Multiple celebrities.
Experience + Credentials
Here’s a summary of a few feathers in my cap:
- EYT-500 Yoga Alliance instructor.
- Over 1400 hours of teacher trainings and completed certifications since 1990.
- Specialties include working with people who have highly compromised physical abilities. Former clients include those with ALS, Parkinson’s, MS, and addictions.
- 500-hour Neuro-Linguistic Programing certification (2006).
- Life Coaching certification with Joseph Mappin in England.
- Founded 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training, Kamena Yoga School, accredited by Yoga Alliance, which has now trained more than 250 Yoga Teachers across the globe (2012-2015).
- Founded The Discovery Center, a retreat center for health optimization on 8000 acres of conservation land in Anacaster, Ontario. The center was the first of its kind in Canada. Many of the present day yoga instructors in Dundas, Brantford, Hamilton, St. Catherines, and surrounding areas were trained by me at that center (1992).
- Collaborated with the owners of Sandy Lane Resort in Holetown St. James, Barbados West Indies to produce the DVD "Yoga at Sandy Lane,” exclusively sold at the Green Monkey Golf Club Pro Shop. Clients at Sandy Lane included professional athletes, PGA champions, and celebrities.
- Worked as a Private Personal Trainer for John Magnier of Coolmore Stud in Ireland, and British businessman Eddie Healey. During this time, I also created local wellness programs and retreats (2005-2011).
Email me at email@example.com to learn more about Kamena Yoga